Stop Fighting in My Office!
Managing Conflict In Session
February 22, 2019
9:30 am to 12:45 pm
3103 Clairmont Rd
Suite B (MHC Services)
Atlanta, GA 30329
Registration opens soon.
Led by Murray Dabby, LCSW
When you feel like yelling “Stop!” at the couple in your office who are arguing…again
When the couple in your office won’t let you help them because they won’t stop fighting
This workshop will give you the tools and skills to manage embattled couples in your session. Didactic, discussion, supervision, exercises and video examples will be used.
- Identify and name hidden agendas that already exist in the relationship
- Understand why negative sentiment and poor communication skills create attack-defend cycles
- Stop an attack-defend cycle in the session and teach your clients how to stop it at home
- Set boundaries so the couple can hear each other and you
- Teach positive sentiment and its value to conflict