Working with Couple's Resistance to Therapeutic Change
Friday, May 18, 2018
9:30 am to 4:00 pm
3103 Clairmont Road
Suite B (MHC Services)
Atlanta, GA 30329
Led by Allison Caffyn, LPC
When the couple seems stuck and unable to move forward.
When negativity is all they bring to their sessions.
This workshop will give you the skills to move highly resistant couples out of their entrenched positions and into the possibility and excitement of recovery, healing, friendship and rediscovered passion and commitment.
- Understand the therapeutic value of rebuilding friendship in highly entrenched couples
- Define gridlock and educate couples about chronic long-term conflicts
- Techniques for
- Teaching couples to understand and hear their differences in values, beliefs and symbols that underlie the conflict
- Teaching couples to open and explore dreams and why we become stuck and hurt when dreams are not met
- Teaching couples the path to overcoming resentment, rediscovering love after deep-seated anger and conflict
- Teaching the principle of trust and commitment